A.A.M.S
----------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------I looked up and Cat slinked out of the shadows, I threw a book at her head and she dodged it. “Sorry, couldn’t help it. It’s always so funny to make you scared, you make the oddest faces.”, she mocked me by twisting her mouth in a grimace and raising her eyebrows.“Don’t mock me. “, I said as I got up from the ground.“I do what I want.”, she said waving her hands about carelessly.I huffed and pursed my lips, but then stopped because I was imitating my mother. And that was too much guilt right now to be reminded of at the moment. I crossed my arms and asked, “Now what are we to do?”“We see the Caterpillar of course.”, she said shrugging. And began walking towards me.I stepped away from her instinctively, as she walked towards the pathway I had not realized was there. Looking after her I realized a light had been shining on my face, warm and bright. A narrow path lay straight through huge piles of books. And by huge piles of books I’m not exaggerating, the books where piled to the ceiling and giant heaping stacks, and the ceiling was high enough to be part of a castle throne room. In fact, I looked around the ceiling, I could see some carvings on the walls, and the trims were exceptionally royal like. I spotted a corner of a painting, I could not make out what it was, but it surely was grand enough to be pictured in a throne room. So I asked, “Cat, was this a Queens throne room before it was filled with books?”“ Kings actually,” she answered, her drunken sort of walk even though she was not drunk was somewhat distracting. “but then the queen,” she stopped and turned to me, made a swift chopping sort of movement with her arms, “chopped his head straight off.” She continued walking, “at least that’s what’s the tale.”“I certainly hope that it isn’t true. Otherwise I seriously don’t want to meet this queen, she sounds like hel-“ I was interrupted by a bright burst of light.It was over head and blared so brightly I had to shield my eyes, it made a ding noise, and it retreated. Once it had left I noticed a piece of thick white small paper. I crouched and picked it up cautiously. “Seriously?”, my voice came out in a incredulous tone, the note read ‘no swearing in the library please.’ . In the corner of the paper was a artistic skull. I stood up again as cat had not stopped walking-more like sauntering- away from me, even with that silly walk she still had quite a bit of speed. I ran up to catch up to her.“Oh yes,” Cat seemed to know exactly what I was talking about,” I was half buried in those when I fell through the portal for the first time.”I snickered quietly and said,” I don’t doubt that. I bet you have a more colorful range than even me.”“You would be amazed, I would demonstrate my skills but,” she waved her hand towards the card that I still had in my hand somehow she managed to use those wide range of hand movements and other gestures even while still walking quickly ahead.We suddenly were in a large circular open space. In the middle was a long winding chimney that led down to a enclose fireplace and beside it laid a large pile of books on a side table which also sat a tea pot and cup. Which all were by a comfortable looking pea soup green cushy chair. And inside that comfortable chair sat in a slouched position, a wrinkled ,big bellied, blue and purple skinned, and monocle wearing man. And he had his nose stuffed in a book.
Cats swearing, too colorful for the Caterpillar. It's a shame .

No comments:
Post a Comment