Thursday, April 23, 2015

MYSTERIOUS UNCLES:mine are always less mysterious in the end and more disturbing.

I have written a bit, hopefully I can get back on a schedule, but knowing me, I probably won't. As always, give me your opinions, advice, and any suggestions as to make my story and writing better. It'll be incredibly appreciated if you did.

A.A.M.S

--------------------------------------------------


“Yo Caterpillar”, Cat said casually sauntering up to the old man in the chair.
The Caterpillar turned his tired black dull eyes towards us. Although he didn’t speak I felt like I had met a distant relative for the first time, I knew nothing about them, but they knew everything about me. it made me want to hide behind Cat. He seemed to acknowledge her and my existence and turned back to his book. Cat walked up to him and leaned on his chair looking over his shoulder and asked, “What are you reading?”
The Caterpillar folded the book shut with his finger keeping his place and showed her the title. He glimpsed towards me and Cat noticed, “Don’t worry man. She’s with me.”
She pointed down at his book as he shuffled it open, “Come look what it is!”
I walked up cautiously towards her my boots clicking on the tile floor, I looked over his shoulder feeling awkward and my cautiousness faded as I saw what he was reading. “Alice in wonderland.”, I breathed out.
He handed it to me slowly and shaking at the hand badly as if the book was a great weight on him. I grabbed the book and opened up the first page, on it was the scratchy signature of my father. The one that wasn’t completely mad. Only like, 70% mad. The book didn’t feel heavy in weight, but it did feel like I had an extra weight on my chest. I sighed realizing I was homesick, and I had only been gone for a few days at best. Cat smiled smugly as she handed another book to Caterpillar and walked over to me. I was still holding the book gently and protectively as she grabbed my arm and led me away from him. As we weaved our way through the massive maze of books I managed to come back to reality slightly. Whatever reality there could be in Underland that is. I asked Cat half heartedly, “ I thought we were supposed to ask him how to save Heir.”
“You sound more gloomy than when you gave up Sand.”, she complained, I guess having me seemed to be a burden on her, I didn’t blame her. She must really be annoyed with me right now. I’m the reason she’s having to work so hard and I bet a gloomy teenager is not what she wants to deal with at the moment. Cat sighed, a heavy exasperated sigh,  “ Caterpillar doesn’t speak, he only gives information through paper. You’re lucky if he doesn’t make it a riddle.”, we stopped walking, and I realized we were in front of a doorway, it was a dark blue with stone engravings in it. Two Nordic crows sat the top stared harshly at me making the hairs on my neck stand. She turned to me and closed her eyes groaning, she seemed to be trying to regain her patience, “There should be a bookmark. Hopefully he makes it as clear as day or it’s gonna take us even longer to find sand.”
I inspected the books top side and saw a long ribbon trailing in the end parts of the book. I retraced the ribbon and found the page. Cat looked over my shoulder to see the page as well and made a whining noise. I recognized the chapter, and I knew its contents. The Queens court, Rabbit boy was in the Queen’s court.



----------------------------------
sassy princess unicorn llama, courtesy from my fellow world dominator Constance.



No comments:

Post a Comment