A.A.M.S
----------------------------------------------------------------
My head snapped up, “what do you mean?
I’m in the afterlife.”
She burst out laughing, “are you
kidding? This isn’t the afterlife, this is limbo. The afterlife is way better
than this. Trust me, well, no, don’t trust me. I’m terrible and untrustworthy
but hey acceptance is the first step to some type of forgiveness.”
“What would you need forgiveness for?”, heir asked almost aggressively. – note
I said “almost because I mean, come on. Its Heir. You really think rabbit boy
could be aggressive?-
“So, I’m not dead?” I cut in
quickly.
“Nope. And heir I have plenty of
things I need to be forgiven for, shooting my dad in the foot on New Year’s,
dying in my lovers arms and emotionally ruining him for any other women. Although
I kinda did that one on purpose. Anyways, lots of things.”
“How can you die in your lovers
arms on …purpose?”, Heir looked at her like she was a wild and disgusting animal.
“You mean I can see my mom again!”,
I cut in once again somewhat irritated Heir wasn’t as excited as I was.
“Yup. And heir, I killed myself. He
tried to give me some type of like monster strength thing that was supposed to
help me get better. But I took a knife and slit my own throat before it could
fix me. Because I didn’t want to be a monster. Sadly the monster bit died with
me and merged with my soul so I’m part cat, monster, thing?” Cat looked at her hands
intrigued, “I actually don’t know what I am. Odd.”
-yeah just ignore Cat, its not like
she’s giving up her whole tragic life story up for grabs Alice. No, not at
all.-
“How?”, I asked trying to get
information out of her before Heir got to her.
“The wraith Alice, you get to see your mother
and live again if you turn me into the wraith.”, Heir answered for her loudly
and frustrated. And I felt my whole heart drop to my stomach.
My hope was sucked out of me. That’s
what it meant, if I gave Heir up, then I could see my mom again. “I’m sorry Alice,
I didn’t mean to snap.”, heir apologized.
I ignored him “if I’m not dead, then
what am I?”, I asked clenching my fists.
“You’re in a coma. What are you
going to do?”, Heir said.
“What would happen to you if I did
turn you in?” I looked at his face to get a straight answer.
Heir didn’t answer but I could see
his answer in his eyes. Something terrible would happen to him if I did that. “You
and Angsty aren’t doubles are you?”, I asked him straightforward.
“No. heir is what was left of the
Sandman after you. He wanted to care for you so he found you. When he came here
he practically kicked and screamed.”, Cat responded for him.
Heir twisted his hands; I could
tell he was nervous. I stood up and Cat looked at me intently, I didn’t look at
either of them, “I need to think.”
“But its not safe out there.”, Heir
looked nervously at the door.
I walked out the door as I told him,
“I don’t care.”
Cold air met my lungs as I closed
the door behind me. I thought I had died. I walked out of the area and thought.
I had left my mom alone, and it must be so hard she doesn’t know if I’ll ever
wake up. It’s like losing your child every time you look at them. I must be a
constant reminder to her. A constant reminder of dad, who she protected me from
just so I could get hit by a car like him, a constant reminder of her failure
to save me from my illness. A constant reminder of all the bad things. Still….
The sandman. I should tell him it’s me. I’m the one who put him in his prison. I
sat down on a bench in what looked like a park with a huff. I felt like crying,
screaming, and vomiting all at the same time. I have been told that I have the
ability to manipulate people to such a degree that they are left with only the
good things. And I destroyed myself doing so.
after a few minutes of staring up into a starry sky a rain drop pricked at my face. i moved my head back down stretching my stiff neck. rubbing it i realize it had probably been long enough to be pitying myself. what i need to do is fix my situation. "that's right. fix your situation.", hissed something by my ear.
my heart skipped a beat and i didn't dare move, i knew what was behind me. a wraith, i could feel those scarps of fabric gently brushing my neck making my head go numb and my hands shake. i felt it gently place a bony hand on the side of my neck and brush downwards saying, "all you have to do is give us the prince. and we can fix everything. we can send you back to your mother.", it whispered heavily into my ear.
i shuddered, and answered, "i don't need your help to do that."
the wraith hissed slightly, i jumped and through a mix of natural instinct and fear i turned around quickly dragging my hand towards the things head with a clawed hand. my finger dig into the fabric and pulled them away . the fabric fell gently off the wraiths head. and all that was left was a simple shocked face, a simple young boy, and a simple explanation. it was quite simple, the wraith was not something to be feared.
after a few minutes of staring up into a starry sky a rain drop pricked at my face. i moved my head back down stretching my stiff neck. rubbing it i realize it had probably been long enough to be pitying myself. what i need to do is fix my situation. "that's right. fix your situation.", hissed something by my ear.
my heart skipped a beat and i didn't dare move, i knew what was behind me. a wraith, i could feel those scarps of fabric gently brushing my neck making my head go numb and my hands shake. i felt it gently place a bony hand on the side of my neck and brush downwards saying, "all you have to do is give us the prince. and we can fix everything. we can send you back to your mother.", it whispered heavily into my ear.
i shuddered, and answered, "i don't need your help to do that."
the wraith hissed slightly, i jumped and through a mix of natural instinct and fear i turned around quickly dragging my hand towards the things head with a clawed hand. my finger dig into the fabric and pulled them away . the fabric fell gently off the wraiths head. and all that was left was a simple shocked face, a simple young boy, and a simple explanation. it was quite simple, the wraith was not something to be feared.
No comments:
Post a Comment