A.A.M.S.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as we had gotten out onto
the street heir led me away. As we ran I
was began to feel normal again. I was back to me. And heir was with me again.
Sadly my happiness stopped abruptly when I heard a growl behind me. My neck
felt like ice cubes had been placed on it. My legs grew heavy and felt like
lead and my running became slower, it was as if time was slowing. I looked
behind me gritting my teeth and took in the face of a wraith. I stopped as soon
as I realized it was the wraiths doing that time was slowing. Heir refused to
look at the thing; he must have been trying to blend in or something. I
couldn’t take my eyes off it and it whispered something in my ear, “You can see
your mother again. You only have to give him to me.”
I looked at it wide eyed. Suddenly
I was running again and time was back to normal with Heir pulling on me. We
didn’t stop running until we reached what look like a abandoned house. He
panted and pulled me inside; I was still shocked form seeing the face of the wraith
again. It was worse than seeing it in a dream. My skin was shocked with heat
and it made me snap out of it. he sat me down on something cold and hard ,
although the air was warm I could see my breath in front of me as I panted. I
think Heir stretched his back but I wasn’t really paying attention until he
asked,” Hey, you all right?”
I didn’t look at him and played
with the frilly edge of my dress. “A wraith, it told me I could see my mom
again. I-its not like I want to see her again she wasn’t any good for me.”
I looked up at him and I saw his
purple eyes focused on me, “We both know you’re lying. You should know
something though, wraiths don’t lie. It’s physically impossible for them.”
“So, I could see my mom again?”, I
asked hopefully.
“Why would you want to? I thought
she was the reason you died.”, he shrugged and I seriously considered punching
him in the nose and twisting off his rabbit ears.
I sighed, “The reason I would want
to, is to apologize. I was a real jerk, and I recently learned that my mother
really was trying her best and protecting me.”
Heir sat next to me, on what I now
realized was a metal bench. “Wraiths never make deals unless they got something
in return. What did it want in return of seeing your mom again?”
I leaned against the back of the
bench with a groan and stretched my arms, “Nothing I would ever give them. You.
But it doesn’t mean that they won’t try and take you so expect me to keep on
protecting you and kicking butt.”
“Speaking of kicking butt, nice
punch on hatter. Knocked his hat off and everything.”
I shuddered, “That stupid hat, he
had it on all the time; I bet he wears a nightcap that looks like it. it would
be like him . And what was with him making me dress in these stupid dresses?!”
“I think you look pretty in them.”
“Dude, I have no idea how old you
are. Even though you look my age, you might have been created with Underland so
you could be like a newborn. Or for all I know you could hundreds of years old
and that creepy man. So stop it with the compliments creeper.”, I thrusted my
hands in front of me then sideways and thwacked him in the face.
He laughed as he slowly put my arm
down, “Relax, all will be explained later.”
“You keep on say-“I stopped to
yawn. I hadn’t realized I was so darn sleepy. ”ing that but we haven’t gotten
any closer to finding death.”
I leaned against his shoulder and
closed my eyes. He murmured as I feel asleep, “Trust me, we have. And I’m not
looking forward to seeing her.”
I fell asleep against his shoulder
but I felt him move me to his chest and put his arm around me. For, you know,
protection reasons I’m sure. – Denial at its finest, also I ship the crud out
of these two. - . My body relaxed as the
warm feeling of safety came over me and I feel asleep smelling the somewhat
flowery scent of Heir.

No comments:
Post a Comment