A.A.M.S
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I frowned at him ; saying in a annoyed tone,”What do you mean it might be a problem?”
His ears twitched in distress again and he laughed
nervously, “Problem? What problem? I don’t know any problem.”
“You know you’re really annoying sometimes. And your lying
is awful by the way Heir, you should work on that.”
He laughed as he turned a corner and pulled me along with him,
“I know, that is one thing everyone does say about me.”
I stumbled into a puddle getting my stockings soaking wet
and yelled at him as he hurried along, “where on earth are we going?!”
Heir stopped suddenly and waved an arm about pointing at not
really anything,” Not on earth! Underland, this is your world Alice, you should
at least try and remember its name.”
I grumbled as he rushed off again pulling me along,” brain tumor,
remember? I don’t exactly have very good memory, and what’s the point of
remembering a name of a place that doesn’t even exist?”
He stopped suddenly and I stumbled into him, there was a
flickering of blue lights on his face and against my eyes. Looking over to where
the lights where coming from Heir said, “Right, this time, I’m going to face
him.”
I stared at the
lights reading out loud, “The hatters tea party?”
He seemed to look nervous, maybe this was what he was so
grim about? The faint sound of a modern song was coming from the place. I
pulled him towards the place even though his face was completely white with fear.
Grumbling I opened the door,”Oh come on, it can’t be that bad Heir.”
A wave of energy and sound hit me almost knocking me down.
We walked into the place despite the pounding base that made my heart
hurt. The lights flashed to the beat of
the song making me all fuzzy headed. I screamed at the top of my lungs over the
blasting music, “It’s a bloody club?!”
Heir gripped me and
guided me through the sea of people dancing. Finally after many hits from people’s elbows
and a good amount of bruises we reached the stairs leading up to a glass walled
room. As we walked up the stairs the stench of sweat left my nose and the smell
of bitter tea replaced it. There were men and women who looked clean, ridiculously
clean for this city. Their black suits crisp and their white shirt poking out
of the top of them stainless. They stayed still as the tapping of heirs cane on
the door rang in my ears. In my gut, something was wrong. I was excited, scared,
confused, and miserable all at the same time. The door was opened by another
body guard who looked like a gorilla in a suit he was so muscled. A dry crisp
voice cut through the air, “Ah, my rival. Not that it is not good to see you but
what are you doing in the reds territory?”
Heirs expression had gone completely cold, I couldn’t tell
if that was anger, fear, or resentment. He responded equally dry, “You called?”
I suddenly knew why I
was so messed up, why I had mixed feelings about being here. Because the chair
that voice was hiding behind turned around, and I was faced with my father.
No comments:
Post a Comment