A.A.M.S
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I almost hit him in the jaw as he landed on top of me; I
could feel his heartbeat on my chest. I yelled in surprise and felt a hand clap
on my mouth. Heir shushed me and I heard a large shuffle. I heard something
scrape on rock. A deep growl. I didn’t know I had breath still but found myself
holding it as the great beast grew near and sniffed at the ground. The choking
stench of rotting meat, along with the mixed stench of rotting fruit filled my
nostrils. I looked at the terrifying beast, I only dared to breath in soft quiet
breaths and those became shuddering ones. Around it the color drained from its
surroundings, leaving a bleak grey surrounding it. The creature was a being
with a large cloak over it. The cloak was grey and looked burned though that
may have been stains and I thank the gods the cloak was long enough to cover
its face-I don’t blame you Alice, I wouldn’t want to see that things face after
your description-. Its breath sounded as though it was breathing through a
respirator. And asked while a disgusting long claw scraped at a rock,” My prince… Where are you my prince? Lady Death
is not in the mood to play around little prince.”
I felt Heir tense and I blinked at the beast. Its bony
fingers stuck out of its cloaks sleeves. Its hood over its face swayed as it
turned its head with quick movements I saw a little bit of its face even though
I wished it would not. I wanted to puke it was so horrid, I will spare you the details.
I dared not move for fear of having that thing look at me face on. Heir’s heart
was pounding hard as the beast sniffed the air and looked at him. It seemed to
be confused, unable to see us. I heard a crackle in the distance and the beasts
head snapped the sounds way. With a flurry of stained and burned grey fabric
the beast disappeared like it was being torn up. Only the faint smell of rot
stayed for now. Heir breathed easily and got up off me. I was surprised with
the sudden weight of me .Heirs face was much more concerned than his usual
carefree one. He pushed his hair back and held out a hand to me. I grabbed it
shakily and pulled myself up asking, “What …Was that?”
He looked concerned at the place where the beast had
disappeared.”A wraith, child of a reaper. Trust me; their parents are even
worse than them.”
I looked worried at him and began fearing Underland. I said,
“That’s hard to imagine, Heir, who is this prince that thing was looking for? I
would feel much better if I knew who he was.”
He looked at me with a silly smile although his eyes showed
worry,” It’s not important Alice, he’s not important. Right now, we gotta get a
move on before the wraith realizes what happened.”
No comments:
Post a Comment