Sunday, August 10, 2014

NURSERY

I don't really like what I wrote. But I don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions are welcome. As well are opinions and grammar corrections. See you on Wednesday.

A.A.M.S
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been working on the handcuffs ever since hatter had used a feather duster on my head. When he did that a feather fell off the duster and onto my lap. It was very lucky of me I have to say, I almost laughed. I had the absolute worst luck when I was alive, but in death, looked like fate was looking out for me. As I worked on the locks of the handcuffs with a feather I thanked god that my mother had been a extremely paranoid person and made me learn to pick locks. Now that I thought of it that was probably because she was afraid I would be kidnapped by the people she payed to kill my father. They were trying to get even more money out of her, and now that I thought about it more while working quietly on the lock that explained where the life insurance went . All while doing the lock I was responding to hatter. And trying to reassure Heir. Of course he didn’t know about the lock.
Hatter looked like a beet he was so red with rage, “How did you do that young lady?!”
The dormouse snorted as he woke and looked blankly at hatter then turned to me. I laughed nervously at him and quickly lunged out of the seat as he tried to catch me. I decided the best route was over the table to get to heir. So with a quick movement I clambered onto the table and ran over the table top toppling tea and crunching glass under my shoes. As soon as I slid off the table hatter screamed in rage,” How are you my daughter?! She would not act this way!”
I was relieved to see that the binding on heir was rope and cut it with a shard of teacup. As heir stood up I said to Hatter,” You’ve been gone a long time dad, even before you died you where gone. I’ve changed as much as you have.”
The dormouse stood looking baffled and unsure what to do as I opened the door that was behind hatter chair I had spotted earlier. Hatter was running after us still beet red, when I closed the door he had thrown a knife at us and I quickly shut the door with a thump.  Heir murmured something while hovering a hand over the doorknob. Those golden speckles came out of nowhere and surrounded his hand. I pulled on his arm with a thinking of my drug induced dream.
Heir pulled his hand away and the speckles turned ashen then disappeared. He looked confused at me but a thumping and banging on the door made his expression change to fear,” We better go, that will only hold for a little while. But we have other troubles as well.”
 He grabbed my hand and as usual led me through my own mind. It’s odd how one does not know their own mind although having ever since they were born. We raced through dark halls decorated with smiling clowns and what looked like pictures of old sanitarium photos. Straight jacket and all, when I saw those heir looked seriously concerned,” Victims of the twins. Hatters rivals turned “straight”.”
I shuddered at the thought of me becoming like them. And yet I saw something in each of the photos that made my heart heavy. They all had one thing in common with me when I was alive, the eyes. They where sad and looked like every day someone shouted abuse to them. As heir pulled me away from the photos an old memory came to mind. It was when I was very little, so little and yet so worried. We were living in our big city apartment. Mom and dad where in the new nursery. As a child I never knew the reason the nursery was there. I wasn’t allowed in it and whenever I asked mother would smile wistfully and say,” In time love. In time.”
I also remembered her stomach getting bigger, and bigger, until I couldn’t put my arms around her anymore. Then one night there was a lot of screaming, the sound of sirens. That’s all I remember from that night. But the memory now was my mom and dad fighting in the nursery. I remember dad yelling in a sort of angry tearful way,” What was the point?! What was the point of it all, to have it die?”
I remember mom saying, with a very shaky voice,” Henry, please…. I can’t do this right now. I don’t know why this happened. Why it happened to us.”
“It’s the girl! Its Alice isn’t it?! Your family is followed by misfortune, and Alice only brings bad luck around her and herself.  She is the reason we lost it!”
“You can’t just blame her Henry! She’s only a child! And the misfortune is superstition, I don’t believe in that utter nonsense and you shouldn’t either.”
“How do we get rid of it Lucy? How do we get rid of her bad luck? Cover her in lucky charms? Kill her?!”
“Don’t you dare hurt her! That is your child you’re speaking of; you’ve gone insane with grief Henry.”

I remember covering my ears and closing my eyes tightly. But that’s it; the memory was pretty much gone. Man, my family sucks. A sudden burst of fresh air hit me pulling me from my thoughts. We were suddenly in an alley and heir sniffed the air nervously,”Oh no… this is bad. We have to find shelter. Now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment