A.A.M.S
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried to call him a – I’m now censoring for Alice.- but my teeth bit on a cloth and I realized I
was gagged. The only sound that came out was the word “apple”. Hatter grabbed a
tea pot, well I wouldn’t say grabbed. More like gestured to one and it floated
up and poured itself into a tea cup. He sipped the tea thoughtfully, ”Mmm…nothing
quite like a good,” his eyes flashed open and shined with insanity,”
chamomile.”
I glared at him, and tried to move my hands, but guess what
else was bound? Yep, my hands to the chair I was sitting in. Except they were
handcuffed down like he had done this many a time and upgraded, that thought
didn’t make me feel any better. I wriggled my hand; it had little space to do
that at least. Hatter looked at me and said faking shock,”Oh I’m sorry my dear!
That is no way to treat a lady as you are. “He gestured to that big muscle body
guard again,”Oh dearest Dormouse, would you mind terribly attending to the
young lady. I’m afraid she needs her restraints tightened, after all, we
wouldn’t want our meal ticket to escape.”
I said something muffled by the gap and hatter looked
slightly annoyed, “And while you’re at it un-gag her. How am I to have one last
loving conversation with my daughter before she is straightened if she can’t
even speak? The poor thing.”
The Dormouse came over and tightened the restraints with a
click. I glared at him while he un-gagged me. I stretched my jaw as soon as he
had and breathed easily. Then I snapped at Hatter, ”What is it, opposite day?”
Hatter laughed and clapped giddily, “Here it’s always
opposite day! Kind of like it’s always tea time!”
“I bet it is, and I also bet that you’re as bonkers as a
banjo.” I seemed unable to make up any other insult.
“Bonkers as a banjo, really Alice?”, I heard the familiar
voice criticizing me and saw heir sitting in a chair in front of the butter on
the table,” by the way, why is there crumbs in the butter? It’s irritating.”
Hatter didn’t look away from me with his stupid smile but
pointed a finger at heir casually,” That was your fault. Remember oh dearest mad
hare?”
“Oh, huh, your right. I recall you had a complete meltdown
when I did that hatter. I also slightly recall us getting married.”
“Wait what?” I said bewildered.
Hatter shrugged,” we were drunk, it was a boring meeting. I
put laughing potion in the tea; it was Vegas, it only seemed logical for me and
heir to get married. Along to every other person in the meeting.”
“Man, the white and red queen had a fit at us when they
found out they were married to seven other people. That was a LOT of paperwork
to get divorced.”
“And the queens made us do it all.” Hatter smiled
remembering.
The table was scattered in broken shards of glass form what
looked like teacups and tea pots. It was also scattered with the occasional
unbroken one. The only food on the table was in front of Heir and it was butter
with crumbs in it and a loaf of bread from which the crumbs came from. ” I kind
of know how they felt you know. Seeing as how I was also drugged by the hatter you
know, I always wondered what it was like to be drugged. So thanks for that
experience…dad.”
There was a faint snoring and I turned to see the dormouse
sleeping while he was standing. Hatter gave me a dreamy smile, “You called me
dad.”
I groaned dropping the act,”Ugh! And it took all of my
cuteness power just to do that. And my patience. No, I hate you; you can go
burn in a pit of fire for how much I care.”
Hatter face fell and he struck a pose, his suit suddenly
changed into a dress that I recognized as moms dress she was wearing at the
wedding. He looked hopeful, “How about you call me…mom instead?”
“Wait no stop-“, I began but heir cut me off. –Rude-
“What sort of groups have you been getting into lately now? And
besides hatter, that dress looks ghastly on you. It’s made for a more hourglass
shape, you have triangle shape.” Heir added looking amused at hatter.
Hatter smiled and the wedding dress turned into a flimsy
summer dress that was clinging to his skin. He placed his hands on his hips and
said proudly,” Oh I know. I and Lucy are two totally different body
shapes. I personally think this one is
much better looking on me.” He turned so it was a profile. Hatter turned to look
at his own butt, “Also, this dress makes my butt look amazeballs!”
I’m pretty sure I would have died then if I wasn’t already dead.
I said in a horrified way,”Oh. My .Gods. No. Stop Heir, your only encouraging
him.”
Heir shrugged, ”I’m used to his shenanigans. Also, I think it’s
important to dress properly, and that dress was not proper.”
“Neither is that one rabbit boy!”
Hatter jumped onto the table and it was revealed he was also
wearing enormous heels as well. He walked crunchily across the glass covered
table and jumped down next to me. His dress changed into a maids and he took a feather
duster and dusted my head. He asked, “So? What do you think?”
“Besides your all insane?”, I grumbled.
“Well naturally we are all bonkers, this in Underland after
all sweetie! No, I meant about what I did to you.”
I feared the worst, oh god, what did he do to me? With a
quick look down over my body I was relieved. I was just wearing a new dress and
some lace gloves on my hands. I also noticed my hair not falling my face and
realized he had tied my hair up in a bow. Hatter sat on the table with a grin,
“So?”
I looked disturbed at him, “Dude… that is so creepy. You are
super crazy.”
He giggled while waving his hand at his face, “Flatterer, I’m
the craziest aren’t I?”
“I am getting sick of this world.”, I said in a monotone voice.
“How can you get sick of your own world? This is your
head.”, heir asked confused.
“ I didn’t like my head in the first place you idiot! It’s
the reason I was sick dumbo!”
Hatter jumped off the table lightly and said circling me,” Oh
Alice, you always get angry, even as a baby you would have fits. Although, the name calling is new. “
I was relieved to find he was back in his white suit, but he
still had his blue heels on with it. I wondered how he possibly walked in them
they were so high. Just looking them made my feet ache. A silence came over the area, well, it wasn’t
really a silence because the dormouse was still snoring gently and shrilly.
Hatter waved a hand about with a dramatic sigh after a while, “Oooo….this
silence is so stony and angst filled. We really should use all the time we can
until the unfortunate time Heir white is taken by the wraiths….” He slid his
cool grey eyes at me,” and the twins come for our dearest Alice.”
I frowned but only seemed able to say,” Are you okay Heir?”
There was a nervous sort of chuckle from him,” Oh yes, I’m
about to be taken to my ruler and possibly obliterated. Feeling awesome right
now!”
I looked up at him and smiled hopefully,” It’ll be all
right. I promise rabbit boy.”
Heir gave me a unsure smirk,” You plan to save me twice?”
“As many times as it takes rabbit boy.” I flashed a
confident grin at him.
Hatter looked up and down me, “Oh really there Alice? A
small, frail, sick, weak girl like you is going to escape? And take your little
friend with you?”
I squinted at him, “if your trying to belittle me you really
aren’t doing a good job. ,” with a
sudden burst of anger I spit at him, “I did that to myself EVERY single day I
was sick. I thought I was worthless, I thought that you and mom where broke up
over me. I even thought the day you died that I was the reason you died, that
you had stepped out in front of that car to kill yourself. I thought you killed
yourself to get away from me. I don’t
think that anymore, I’m stronger than I was before. “
Hatter looked surprised but then went to amusement,” Oh, and
how is that Alice? How are you stronger?
“
“Because…” I said triumphantly pulling my hands out of the
handcuff and waving them at hatter,” I have a friend who believes in me.”
No comments:
Post a Comment